Thursday, January 20, 2011

Setting Sail

Just one more post for today, seeing as it is the first day of this blog. (Don't expect this every day, though: not every monastery will be as high-tech as this one and have wifi (or as the French say "wee-fee" - I thought that meant pay-as-you-go loos, but there you go))


Anyway; it has been a strange day. It is hard to leave family as fantastic as mine are behind for any length of time, and this really hit me as I set sail from Calais. The drive down had been OK, but I find when I have a long journey with a deadline looming that I focus on getting there. This was particularly true as I was driving my old Landrover on our first long journey together (more in later blogs I suspect). I got to Dover and it was amazingly efficient; after a moment to change voicemail messages and stick things on the headlights I was embarked and ready to go.


With barely a bellow of fumes we set sail, and I was abroad; sailing into the unknown.


In that moment, I found myself praying... I want to journey into the undiscovered country which God has for me. I am not sure I want to live there yet as too much of me likes what I know, but I do want to explore, to grow, to travel and to learn.


A clear picture today, I suspect, of what could be a daily prayer. How will I respond, though, when God answers it? And what will it make me into?

No comments:

Post a Comment